Wednesday, April 10, 2013

impatience and obsessiveness are my tea party companions...

So, I feel like I'm going crazy
.
I've decided that I'm going to have to save up the big bucks and get a $3000 Merbella Studios tail.  (Don't ask me how, I really don't know... )Now, here's what's up. My dear mer-sister, Thalassa has a tail coming from Merbellas soon. Raven posted pictures, and Thally showed me the ones sent to her email...

Holy moley......
I'm Super happy and Excited for Thalassa, but at the same time....
I'm terribly, 

horribly

Jelly


(jealous in mer-slang).
Seriously, the big, Sea-green, monster-of-the-deep named Envy is all up in my space right now, and I can't get him to go away.
I look at Merbella Studios pieces every day. The new Seaweed Top has me doing stomach back-flips especially since it's totally on track with a picture (coming soon) that my friend did for me a year ago. I watch videos, and I practically pine for my own.

When I'm not pining or wondering why sweet Thalassa is always 6-12 mos ahead of me in tail quality, I do mermaid crafts, draw mermaid pictures, wonder when I'll get some more tail time, and watch mermaid videos. I post on my mermaid facebook, and work on my new lily pad top. (All in between playing with my merling and watching him grow and learn. <3)

I even bought a mermaid coloring book.


Yes, it is safe to say, that this is now a straight up, full-blown, edge of self-control, obsession.
Good thing it's also a career. I don't think I could do something to make money if I didn't love it.

Recently, I started playing one of my husband's favorite games online. League of Legends. Needless to say I'm terrible at it, so far. Why did I start to play, you ask? Well, it's not Ocarina of Time (my all time favorite video game), but it does have one thing Link does not have: Nami.


I adore Nami. She's the most incredibly unique mermaid I've ever seen. I like her so much that I can't decide if I want my tail to look like hers or not.
I will probably go with Raven's Choice, but it's still fun to fantasize....

And then, there's PotC: OST.
See, in addition to being one of the Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake, I also belong to a guild called The Black Thorn Court. in the guild we have an interesting collection of characters, including The Dread Pirate Roberts, and Capt. Jack Sparrow, among others. Now, because we have some POTC characters going on, I of course want a gold tail like Syrena's. However, I think that it will be a sequin and Neoprene tail, with an extension inside to make it look like my tail goes past my land fins a foot or two. This will be accomplished by following this remarkable tutorial on youtube.

but I have no idea when I'll be able to do this.... I'm so going fin crazy right now, and I feel like I have cabin fever because spring is finally here......................

I want to be a mermaid and be free in the waters of springtime in utah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment