Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Contest?

So, I've been thinking about it....
Most people seem to think I should go with Merbellas for my next tail.

Now my next question would be, hold a design contest, design my tail, or pick the Raven's Choice option?

If I held a contest, it would go like this:

Send in your drawings and sketches, and photo manips, whatever you think my tail should look like.
I would pick out my favorites and put them up for a vote.

The top pick would be the picture I send to Raven and say "Bring it to Life!" and would receive a nice printed professional photo of me in it,  signed and smooched, with a letter of thanks, special credit on my Facebook Page for it's design, and other cool stuff.
The 1st runner up would get something cool, like a a fabric tail painted like their design, or an awesome mermaid accessory or something, and then the Second runner up would get a doll dressed like their picture or something similar...

Would this be cool?
I dunno.
The Fabric tail prize would be probably swim fins and lycra spandex, but I'm a fair hand with a serger, and if I can't paint it, I know someone who can. OR if that runner up is very young, and the parents are concerned about safety, I will buy that young mer-in-training a drag-along tail from the MGSL's (Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake's) etsy store, Oh My Shells! and paint it like their design.

Well, input is greatly appreciated, so leave a comment below, or shoot me a message on facebook.
I love hearing from y'all.

Happy Tails!
Dottie

4 comments:

  1. That's such a hard question! Unless you have something in mind, I'd say let Raven go for it! Whatever she comes up with is bound to be amazing. I think she even lets you pick the predominant color of your tail, so you could solicit color ideas if you still really want to do the contest. The up side of designing your own tail is that you have control over what it looks like...but I've found myself wishing I'd let Raven run with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah? I think she's an amazing artist. Her tails are breathtakingly realistic.
      When will yours be finished?

      Delete
    2. It was supposed to be finished next week, but she says she's a little behind schedule. She said it should be done in a "few" weeks. I hope it's sooner rather than later! I'm DYING! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I can imagine. At first I thought it was just my first tail. Then I thought it was just my first pro tail. Now I'm convinced that I will have this feeling for EVERY new tail.

    ReplyDelete